As an Android user, I’ve experienced a frustrating problem where the fingerprint hardware not available on android. This can be a common issue for many users, and it can be a real pain when you rely on this feature for unlocking your phone. In this article, I’ll provide some solutions to this problem and discuss what you can do to take care of your phone’s fingerprint hardware.
What causes the “fingerprint hardware not available” error?
Before we dive into the solutions, let’s talk about what causes this error to occur in the first place. There are a few reasons why your fingerprint hardware might not be available:
- Dirty Fingerprint Sensor: If your fingerprint sensor is dirty or has oil or grime on it, it can affect its performance and make it unavailable.
- Hardware Failure: The fingerprint hardware may have malfunctioned due to hardware issues or damage to the device.
- Software Glitches: Sometimes, a software update or a bug in the system can cause the fingerprint scanner to stop working.
How to fix “fingerprint hardware not available” error?
Here are some solutions you can try to fix the “fingerprint hardware not available” error:
- Clean the Fingerprint Sensor: Use a microfiber cloth to clean the fingerprint sensor, making sure to remove any dirt, oil or grime. This may fix the issue.
- Restart your device: A simple restart can often resolve software glitches, and the fingerprint scanner may start working again.
- Remove and Add Fingerprint: If cleaning the sensor and restarting the device doesn’t work, try removing and adding your fingerprint again. To do this, go to Settings > Biometrics and security > Fingerprints, select the fingerprint you want to remove, and tap on Remove. Then, follow the on-screen instructions to add a new fingerprint.
- Clear Cache Partition: Clearing the cache partition can also fix software issues. To do this, turn off your device, press and hold the volume up and power buttons simultaneously to enter recovery mode, and then select “Wipe Cache Partition” option.
- Check for System Updates: A software update can often fix the fingerprint scanner not working issue. Check for any system updates and install them if available.
The “fingerprint hardware not available” error can be a frustrating issue, but there are several solutions you can try to resolve it. Clean the fingerprint sensor, restart your device, remove and add your fingerprint, clear the cache partition, and check for system updates. If none of these solutions work, it’s possible that there may be a hardware issue, and you may need to take your device to a professional for repair. Remember to take care of your phone’s fingerprint hardware by keeping it clean and avoiding any physical damage.
Also you can read:
7 solutions to fix Fingerprint Sensor Not Working on android